Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 11

the visiting...

every year, the khoo's family (khoo's son is my bff) are inviting me (and others as well) to their chinese new year open house and every year i never failed to turn up. this year the open house hosted earlier.

as usual, after i got there, conversation started:

me: ivan, gong xi fa chai!
ivan: fuyohhh.. (shake hands). where's adrian?
me: kenot come le, family dinner.
ivan: my dad is there (pointing). dad (pointing at me).
me: gong xi fa chai uncle!
uncle: oh, welcome, welcome. wah, you grow side ways already ho. good! good!
laugh, laugh
me: paiseh lor!
ivan: mom, ernest!
auntie: hello.
me: gong xi fa chai, auntie.
auntie: wah, ur skin so dark now.
me: oh i just got back from pangkor and bali less than 2 weeks ago.
auntie: ok, that's why le. come, come. eat.

so i excuse myself to line up for the delish food!

a few round of food and ais kacang, i finally settle down. auntie came approach our table and chit chat with a few of us.

auntie: where's adrian le?
me: kenot make it, family dinner
auntie: can come after that le.
ivan: no la, family and uncle come together.
auntie: ok.

then auntie talk to others...

auntie: eh, u got good face u know?
me: is it? how's that so?
auntie: you have a very likable face. meaning anyone around you will like and will be helping you in anywhere they can.
me: oh ok!
auntie: one warning, don't gamble!
me: i don't gamble.
auntie: good! and also you have a good fortune this year. i can see from your face.
me: ok. (smile)
auntie: i give you red packets. may this year you will get more in terms or work and life. so be good!
me: thank you auntie. gong xi fa chai!

that's the thing i love about this family. their heart warming towards anyone is unbelievable. not only the parent but the children as well. amazing!

am happy i turned up again this year, not for the red packets but for the wishes and the family-esque environment!

weather: super hot

my mind: big apple

my joint: spears

my ipod playing: piece of me - britney spears

No comments: